RE: [TowerTalk] any engineers explain difference between

To: <>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] any engineers explain difference between
From: "Railey EFurd" <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:34:03 -0500
A winch must be specifically rated for "lifting" or overhead lifting.  I
am not sure of the specific way/standards of rating.  Just like chain,
winches are rated as approved or not for overhead lifting.  See here for
a few details  The link is for the chain page at aw direct a
towing supply house.  I used tinyurl to keep it from wrapping.

Hope it helps

Railey Efurd

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:19:40 -0500
From: "FireBrick" <>
To: "TowerTalk List" <>

A winch rated for 'pulling'
and a winch rated for 'lifting'.

I see Warn and other list a winch having 3500# of 'pulling' capacity.

Is this the same as 'lifting' capacity?

as always "Please and Thank You".

"Conclusion": the place where you got tired of thinking

Bill H. in Chicagoland

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.