[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotators

To: towertalk reflector <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotators
From: Alan AB2OS <>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:14:41 -0400
I am sure that a Yaesu G-800 would handle what I want to put up, but I thought that a G-1000 would give a better safety margin. Yet I notice that the eham reviews rate the G-1000 rotators lower than the G-800 models; the G-1000 actually received several 5/5 ratings, but the 0/5 and 1/5 ratings pulled the average way down. Are the bigger ones really so much worse than the smaller ones?

Opinions? Experiences?

Alan AB2OS