[TowerTalk] Am I Asking for Trouble?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Am I Asking for Trouble?
From: ab5mm <>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:43:48 -0500
One of my towers is a 114' Rohn 25 with the usual antennas on top. All the control wires and coax come from the top down to the 25' level. A tag line of 1/4" steel cable departs the tower at 25' elevation and runs 55' over to the shack. This cable end is attached to the wooden structure via a steel plate bolted to the fascia board with 2x8 backing. The coax and control wires are suspended from this cable and enter the shack via a PolyPhaser panel. The tower is grounded well, as are the guy post and guy wires.

Have I just invited Mother Nature over to burn my shack down with this tag/support line?

Thanks for any input & 73,