Re: [TowerTalk] splicing telephone poles?

To: jimlux@earthlink.net, ke3q@msn.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] splicing telephone poles?
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 22:51:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/2004 7:35:59 PM US Mountain Standard Time, KE3Q
writes:

> At 08:06 PM 7/7/2004 -0400, RICHARD BOYD wrote:
> >Does anyone have information on splicing telephone poles?  I understand
> W6AM
> >did this to get more height and I think I've heard of others doing the
> same.
> >73 - Rich, KE3Q

Years ago, when I worked for a large electric utility, I recall seeing this
in the company's overhead lines specification manual. I also recall that method
being derived from what was in the Lineman, Cableman's Handbook if anyone
here has a copy.

If I recall correctly, it used through bolts, plates and steel straps all
sized per "class" of poles and what type of line construction would be on top.

Anyone have specifics??

73, Bob K8IA