RE: [TowerTalk] Tower - Guy Wire installation question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Tower - Guy Wire installation question
From: "Noel" <yaesurig@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 18:38:28 -0600
The tower is designed for a 15 element transposed-dipole log-periodic
antenna array on a 42' boom.  I'm only using the tower and do not have,
nor would I want such a large array.  I'm simply installing the tower to
the same specs. And yes it calls for four guys wires to provide 100 mph
wind resistance (no ice/65 mph with .5" ice) You can see the tower and
antenna here: http://antennaproducts.com/lph1photo.htm

The original antenna, including array, and rotator for this tower weighs
over 500 LBs.  I think the tower will still be very under-loaded with
the little T8 or T10 I plan to install.

I admit I've not considered an elevated guy wire as it does not solve my
little problem.  And so have decided to just move the guy wire the two
feet and leave it at that.  I'm no engineer either, but my guess is
there could be a slight twist in the tower. But with such a slight
difference I doubt I'll see it. Nor will the tower know the diference.

Thanks all for the advice.
Noel