[TowerTalk] Why would you 'repair' a section of 25G?

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Why would you 'repair' a section of 25G?
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 01:26:43 -0000
I must admit, I came in late to this thread...
but why would anyone contemplate repairing a section of
rohn 25G, when you can buy replacement for 100 bucks?
Or, if you can find it used, for 30-50? Between welding
expense and rust protection, you'll spend 100 bucks in the
first blink of the eye.

If this is the "the tree ate my tower, and I have a 2' stub
remaining in the foundation" situation, please don't comment....
it's already resolved. I don't want to flood the reflector with
chatter on an already solved problem.

Sometimes, we get overly focussed on what we MIGHT do, without
considering economic practicality.  Towers are cheap.  Labor, safety,
and people-parts are not.

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org