Re: [TowerTalk] Question re: Whole House Surge Protection

To: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question re: Whole House Surge Protection
From: Joe <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:30:50 -0600
Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm trying to prevent that happening, and have just done all the lightning stuff by the book, and am now having the local cooperative power company install a whole house protector. We get some doozies of a thunderstorm/lightning here in this part (southwest) of Colorado each summer.

Interesting that they won't install it - perhaps the benefit of being in the boonies here in Colorado is that our coop power company will install it, and then give you 24 months to pay the $115, no interest. But we have no choice in the device, which has its plusses too - if it doesn't work, they specified and installed it.

Good luck and 73,

Joe
WDØM