Re: [TowerTalk] Hole Digging Question

To: w2lk@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hole Digging Question
From: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:58:45 -0700
US Towers only rates their towers to UBC-97 specs at 70 MPH. Many states/county/city Bldg Depts now require IBC-2000 90 MPH wind calcs. I tried for 5 months to get 90 MPH wind calcs out of US Towers to satisfy my Bldg Dept and after going back and forth with their out-sourced PE I was told their towers cannot be rated under IBC-2000 specs. My suggestion is to check with your Bldg Dept for their requirements BEFORE ordering a tower.

Les Kalmus wrote:

My 89 ft tower needs a 5x5x8 hole per the US Tower drawing.

Les W2LK