RE: [TowerTalk] Tower/mast/antenna height -- a clarification

To: "'Alan AB2OS'" <ab2os@att.net>,"'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Tower/mast/antenna height -- a clarification
From: "Lou Laderman" <lladerman@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:31:19 -0500
The ordinance says that "This article shall not govern any tower, or the
installation of any antenna:
(i)     That is under seventy (70) feet in height; and (ii) Is owned and
operated by a federally-licensed amateur radio Station..."

I don't read it that nothing may be over 70', rather, that the ordinance
"shall not govern" or address any amateur radio structure under 70'.  I
do not have the rest of the ordinance to look at so I'm not certain what
the rest of the ordinance provides, but I do not see a 70' limitation.
Perhaps this is the "reasonable accommodation": anything under 70' is by
ordinance OK, anything over requires compliance with the ordinance.

And I am a lawyer, formerly an ARRL VC and a former city attorney, but
no longer in private practice.

Lou, KB0CJ