Re: [TowerTalk] Ignitor for Cadwelds

To: john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ignitor for Cadwelds
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:07:03 +0000
I'm totaly un-safe.  I use my trusty propane torch to light mine.  I set up a
small flame, crouch down and quickly point the flame tip into the top section
and voila.  Actually, I fell quite confident doing it this way.  There is no
real flash or explosion from the oneshot that could ignite the torch cylinder
and by holding the cylinder, my hand and arm are away from the ingition point.
Just be careful you don't blow away the starting powder with the flame.  I've
tried using a welder's sparker and it does work but it's a pain to get a spark
to fall into the top hole and your hand is closer to the action.  Phil  KB9CRY