Re: [TowerTalk] E-Z WayTower on Wind Loading

To: <johnlynch@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] E-Z WayTower on Wind Loading
From: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:52:18 -0400
According to a very old Ez way catalog the RBX-50 will support 28.8 sq./ft
at 50MPH. Having had one come down on me many years ago with much less
sq/ft-age than that I think I would stay around 10 or 12 sq/ft. And if I was
not going to be around the house I would partially crank it down.

One of the problems with the EZ ways is there is no positive pull down. If
the wind starts to blow at more that 10-15MPH it will force all the sections
to one side of the tower and they will bind up and will not come down until
the wind slacks off. This causing you to roll off a bunch of slack cable, if
you're not paying attention. I guess you can imagine what happens when the
wind slacks off for a moment or two.

Good luck with the EZ way I put a bunch of them up and taken down a bunch of
them over the years. They were made in Tampa, Fl where I live. As a matter
of fact they were built just down the street where I now live.

Julio, W4HY