Re: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Meter Bazooka]

To: <>, "Tower Talk" <>
Subject: Re: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Meter Bazooka]
From: "Tom Rauch" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 13:35:55 -0400
> Now here's a tag question to which I've never gotten a
satisfactory answer
> for,  I've been told that THHN insulated 12 AWG solid wire
while needing
> to be slightly longer than unsulated wire will produce the
same results of
> that of a bazooka when it comes to bandwidth.  Is there
any truth to that?

The coax is thicker, and the thickness gives a little bit
more bandwidth than a thinner wire, but basically the THHN
and coax will be the same.

I had a really tough time measuring the difference here.

If you want to make a wide-band antenna, use a bowtie or
space a few thin wires in parallel a few feet apart.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.