[TowerTalk] if you are thinking of buying a crankup tower readthis..

Subject: [TowerTalk] if you are thinking of buying a crankup tower readthis..
From: Dan Bookwalter <>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 06:33:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All

if you are considering buying a crankup tower w/o a
motordrive and have plans on installing a motordrive
in the future , PLEASE , do yourself a favor , bite
the bullet and order the tower with the motor

it was really going to push my wallet at the time so i
figured i would order the drive later, well , after
doing some checking if i want my tower to converted to
positive pull down i have to send it back to the
factory , shipping will be in the area of $1500 plus
$2100 for the motordrive etc... to be installed. the
tower only cost $2600 two years ago and with the
motordrive at that time it was only about $3800... so
in hindsight i kinda screwed myself....

so now i am looking into fabricating my own motordrive
system, and thanks to many on this reflector i pretty
much know what i need to do, the real problem is
making the tower remotely controlable and be able to
detect if there is a problem so the tower wont hurt
itself etc...

Dan N8DCJ

Do you Yahoo!?

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.