Re: [TowerTalk] Just one problem with MultiNEC...

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Just one problem with MultiNEC...
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 09:19:35 -0400
At 12:43 AM 8/8/2004, you wrote:

Greetings from Fairbanks.  Does anyone know the status or whereabouts of
MultiNEC author Dan Maguire AC6LA?  I really like the work here.  However, I
purchased the registration file through Paypal over a week ago and have not
yet received anything.  My emails go unanswered.  The program is now
disabled after 10 uses, and I'm out $39.  Now I have to get Paypal and my
credit card company involved in my claim.  What a pain for everyone.  I'm
sure there's a reasonable explanation, and maybe someone here can help, but
I want to make my issue widely known so others avoid the same headache.  Of
course, if/when it is resolved, I'll also make that known.  73 Larry

That's a bit mysterious, Larry. Dan is usually extremely quick and responsive. Keep in mind that he's just one guy, this is vacation season, and it's been less than 2 weeks -- not extraordinary vacation duration. I would wait a bit before besmirching his name with both Paypal and your credit card company.

In the meantime, can't you re-download or re-unzip and start the clock over again? I expect so.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on August 2, 2004
2753 contest stations at