Re: [TowerTalk] Tram Line Attachment

To: keith@dutson.net, towertalk@contesting.com ("TowerTalk")
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tram Line Attachment
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:41:08 -0400
In a message dated 8/12/2004 9:31:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Keith Dutson"
<kjdutson@earthlink.net> writes:

>This weekend I plan to put up a tram line from tree trunk to tower. ?What is
>the best way to attach to the tower? ?TIA

Why the tower? The tramline should be attached a couple of feet above where the
antenna will be mounted. If the antenna will be mounted on the mast, then the
tram line needs to be attached to the mast.

For attachment I just use a 2-foot nylon sling wrapped around the mast (or leg)
and a carabiner to attach the tramline. Wrapping a loop sling around the mast
and pulling it thru itself gives you a secure attachment point that won't slip.
If it's a big load then you might want to back-guy the mast tramline to give
more support to the mast.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -