[TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX 48

To: Tower Talk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX 48
From: Tom Anderson <>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:23:45 -0500

Fellow Hams:

My XYL's aunt has offered me for free a Rohn HDBX 48 if I would just come take the tower down out of her backyard. Her OM (my XYL's uncle) became a SK and she has gotten rid of his station equipment, but she needs to get rid of the tower. I've helped take down and put up Rohn 25, 45, and 55 towers before, but nothing in the BX series. The HDBX series has the X bracing which I understands makes climbing difficult. I have a gin pole, but it fits only the 25,45, or 55 series and the HDBX series has different shaped section legs.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions (other than letting someone else take it down hi hi). I figure I may have to get a bucket truck.

Tom, WW5L