Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Loops

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Tim Makins, EI8IC" <contesting@eircom.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Loops
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:30:09 -0400
I believe a full wavelength loop is, in fact, a "quad," a single element
one.

And, I have stated before my real-life, factual, empirical observation of
yagis 8/8 Telrex and quad (4-element "Skylane"), during noisy conditions,
the quad was far quieter on receive.

I fully believe this to be the #1 advantage of full wavelength loops over
half wavelength antennas, not gain, mechanical strength, broadbandedness, or
other factors.  Others clearly disagree and put the emphasis on these other
factors.

73 - Rich, KE3Q