Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000SDX

To: "Chuck Lewis" <clewis@knology.net>, <keith@dutson.net>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000SDX
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:24:15 -0400
I saw no critters or evidence of wetness anywhere. I believe that I did tape over the rubber hood, however.

73, Pete N4ZR

At 07:28 PM 8/17/2004, Chuck Lewis wrote:

Pete & Keith,

Let's make sure we're talking about the same part of the connector. My
observations of moisture and bug parts were relative to the BACKSHELL. The
part that is visible when you unscrew the locking ring and pull the
connector off the rotor was beautiful. The pins were clean and shiny, the
insulator looked like new, and the outside of the connector body was also
pristine. But the moisture and bug parts I found were around the solder
connections inside the rear of the connector.

Chuck, N4NM