[TowerTalk] KT34(a) to KT34M2 upgrade question

To: "Towertalk@Contesting. Com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KT34(a) to KT34M2 upgrade question
From: "Roger Hackler" <rhackler@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:11:00 -0400
I am in the process of upgrading my KT34(a) with the upgrade kit I purchased
from M2 and have one question.  In the Upgrade Kit assembly manual, It shows
a dimension of 22" from the Connector on the 4:1 balun to the inside edge of
the shorting bar on the front driven element.  The manual also refers to
using two 3/8" tube phasing lines between the front driven and rear driven
element.

My KT-34 does not have the 3/8" tube phasing lines, but rather it has
aluminum phasing straps.  The original assembly manual calls for a 18"
dimension from the inside edge of the phasing strap to the inside edge of
the shorting strap.

I'm not sure of what dimension to go with.  It seems to me that this
dimension is critical to ensuring a good match.

Has anyone had the opportunity to upgrade a KT-34 using the M2 Kit and what
was your solution to the match?

73 de KN6RO

Roger Hackler