[TowerTalk] Trylon

To: Tower <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trylon
From: Michael Urich <>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:55:44 -0500
I've been reading the archives, <boy what a chore>, about Trylon
towers.  There seems to be a mixed consensus but leaning towards the
negative.  Most of the posts were somewhat dated 3+ years back and I
was wondering if there has been any significant changes in the product
that may swing the pendulum in the other direction?  I'm still leaning
towards a 45G but looking at options.

A thumbnail of the plans are a ~80-100 tower, F12 XR5 C3i on
50/144/222/432 total weight ~150# total wind ~20 sq ft.  Location ~100
miles inland from Galveston TX so potential for near 100 mph hour
winds exists.  Obviously, ice loading is not a problem.

Mike Urich, KA5CVH

Character = How you treat people who can do nothing for you in return!

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.