RE: [TowerTalk] Trylon

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Trylon
From: Paul Henning <paul@amtelco.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:17:40 -0500
My Trylon T500-72 has been up for three years. I have a modest collection of
antennas up on top, Force 12 C4, Force 12 EF-706, topped by a 2 meter
X-beam. The antennas have been through two Wisconsin winters with lots of
ice and snow and the tower three. No problems, tower and antennas are all in
great shape. Tower is a little harder to work on for long periods of time
then a Rohn 45 but nothing serious. Big thing is no guys. Nice thing is that
a mast (24' in my case) can be pushed up inside of the tower and raised into
position with no gin pole even after the tower is up and with a lot less
pucker factor then trying to drop it into place by hoisting over the top of
the tower. You can get "better" towers but not at the price. I do not regret
the purchase of the tower at all.

Paul N. Henning
K9PH
Director of Research and Development