[TowerTalk] Old tower maintenance

Subject: [TowerTalk] Old tower maintenance
From: Tom Horton <>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:31:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks,
 I am getting ready to get my Rohn 25 back up in the air.
While it is generally good condition, there are some rusty and
and discolored spots.
 For my purposes, ( no big heavy antennas) what kind of maintenance
should I pull on these spots before it goes up?
 Should I lightly sand the spots and add some paint or primer?
Thanks for any info.
73, Tom K5IID

We can never, never forget !
Tom Horton K5IID
Hillsboro, TX
USA-CA All Counties 661---DXCC---5 BAND DXCC

Finally back home in Texas after all these years!

"E" sorter for the ARRL W5 QSL bureau

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.