[TowerTalk] Lubricating Tuner Roller

To: Tower Talk List <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lubricating Tuner Roller
From: doc <>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:41:36 -0700
On the advice of this list I have been searching for the
special "molybdenum-disulfide suspension in extreme pressure
oil" brand named "Moli-Spray #3", so far without success.

The local hardware company suggested I try Elmer's
"Slide-All Dry Spray Lubricant".

Since the goal is lubrication without attracting grit
and dust is there any reason not to use the Elmer's
stuff on the screeching roller?

BTW: This is a huge homebrew tuner based on 80's-90's ARRL
Handbook designs "SPC Transmatch" and I think it was built
by N8VUU.

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida  100% Linux.  Suse 9.1
Drake, Hallicrafters, Heathkit, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life:
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!
USA Pres. Election 2004: