Re: [TowerTalk] wires in quad driven element

To: "J.Hector Garcia M" <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wires in quad driven element
From: "John Tait" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:49:44 +0100
----- Original Message -----

Subject: [TowerTalk] wires in quad driven element   See seventh and ninth
   John EI7BA

I start building  one of the 2 quads that will remplace my monobands
10-15-20m,   i still thinking how to support in the spreaders the wires in
the driven element , this one is the most inportant for me, i want to
support the wires with out make holes in the spreader, increase electrical
length with metal clamps or wires to attach in a strong way the wires ,  and
can resist power around legal limit (most important) or more when the swr
increase  in the band limits or during a contest  running power

i will apreciate an advice, followin this 4 parameters :
no holes in spreader , not metallic , hi power resistan  and small weight.
just for the driver  or if this is practical  i will add to all the other
i was thinking in  delrin insulators like the ones used in 2m yagis, but i
have  no idea how much power can handle , glued with resin to the driver  .

tnx in advance

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.