RE: [TowerTalk] Tower costs

Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Tower costs
From: "darrel" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:39:37 -0700
> How do you (generic "you") know what loads your roof will stand? How can
> be sure that a good strong wind -- 60mph, 80mph -- won't take the antenna
> and the tower and a section of roof -- or the whole roof -- with it?
 Alan NV8A

While I don't want to over simplify, but you've got many hundreds of square
feet of roof and adding 5 to 15 square feet of antenna & tower.  If you
spread the forces of the tower, I can't see it going anywhere with the roof.

If you only lag-bolt the feet to roof sheeting, well bye-bye antenna in the
massive blow and a few small holes left behind.

  Darrel AK6I

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.