[TowerTalk] Homebrew Tower

Subject: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Tower
From: Bill Tippett <>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:03:06 -0400
Sammy Smith wrote:
>Would you climb a tower built by some one other than a pro?

Yes. Here's a homebrew tower I climbed at HC8N: (2nd photo down)

"By the way, the homemade tower was constructed like Rohn 45 but using rebar for the Z-bars. My guess is that it is actually stronger than Rohn 45 but it looked somewhat like a snake when viewed from the bottom!"

73, Bill W4ZV

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.