[TowerTalk] L44P is correct for UHF Male - PL259

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <norm@texol.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] L44P is correct for UHF Male - PL259
From: "Kimo Chun" <kh7u@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:08:38 -1000
Norm,

Yes, L44P is the correct Andrew's part number.
The list price is $31.00 (This may be dated but not far off.)
The 1/2" Heliax cable part number is LDF4-50A.The female
version is L44U, for the same price. Depending on your
installation it may be better to terminate both ends with females
and use "sacrificial jumpers" made from RG-213/u or something
with males on each end.

Thus, you can adjust the ends to the physical requirements and
leave your "hard line" static. You want to minimize the number of
times you flex the Heliax.

Good Luck.

Kimo Chun, KH7U

Message: 1