RE: [TowerTalk] Quad vs SteppIR

To: "'Tom Rauch'" <w8ji@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,"'Bill Ogden'" <ogden@us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Quad vs SteppIR
From: "N2TK" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:13:29 -0400
Hi Tom,

When I had a quad and monobanders, the quad was always quieter from snow
static than the monobanders. Was wondering if the SteppIR would be quieter
than a regualr aluminum beam during a snow storm since the snow would be in
contact with fiberglass instead of aluminum? Or would the static charge be
the same regardless of material?
Tnx
N2TK, Tony