Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:21:45 -0500

Fellow Tower Talkians:

Many many, thanks to all of you who have offered suggestions.

From your suggestions I may have isolated the problem to the rotor control box (I hope) so I don't have to go rent a scisors lift and crank down my TriEx WT51. Now to get out the trusty DMM and check the box.

The rotor rotates fine, and the brake release releases as it should. Just the rotor box indicator needle goes crazy back and forth. Just got through testing it Monday evening (again) with the help of my XYL Cheryl, WY5H who hit the brake release and then the CW and CCW levers separately as I was talking her through it on 2 meters.

Tom, WW5L