Re: [TowerTalk] Fla. hurricane news?

To: k5uj@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fla. hurricane news?
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:55:28 EDT
Many guys in Florida had their entire antenna systems trashed while others
not in the direct path sustained light damage.

Among the stations that received heavy damage are several members of the
FCG....W4SAA and K9ES.  There are other members of the FCG who got hit  also.
Many guys were able to strip their towers and were able to avoid  damage.  Of
the guys who left their antennas up, lots had bent or missing  elements and
just
about everyone had their antennas twisted on the mast to a new  direction.

Yours truly only had an element broken on one of my 15 meter beam, and  my 40
meter beam rotated 90 degrees from the plane.  As a result the 40  meter beam
is now vertically polarized.  That was the result of only 70 MPH  winds.
Check the link for pics of those.

http://ka9fox.com/k4xs

Most stations in FL either have no insurance on the antennas or else must
come up with a two or five percent value of their dwelling deductible That  is
for each hurricane.  Some guys were hit twice and must meet that  deductible
two times.  It is possible if Ivan hits they will be meeting  three deductible
in four weeks....a sizable piece of change.

Back to watching the weather channel.
.

Bill K4XS