Re: [TowerTalk] A discussion on Dipoles....

To: "TowerTalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A discussion on Dipoles....
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:39:00 -0400
The typical cage dipole design I have seen brings the wires together at both
the end and the middle -- twist and solder them together, and that's where
the center of the coax connects -- and on the other side of the center
insulator the same thing and the braid connects to the multi-wires.

The cage dipole should give you improved bandwidth, hopefully to cover both
CW and phone with close to a 1:1 SWR, but that should be the only basic
improvement in performance, as I understand it.

73 - Rich, KE3Q