Re: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal

To: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal
From: Dan Bookwalter <n8dcj@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:38:41 -0700 (PDT)
"The
federal government in its infinite wisdom interceded
years ago on
behalf of
a small
minority of radio operators when they might have been
relevant to some
national
emergency and defense.

i wonder how the guy would feel had he been in the
path of one of those hurricanes or a  major tornado
etc... we are irrelevant until needed then we are a
indispensable...

i actually had someone welcome my tower since in the
case of an emergency we might have a viable
communication path....

Dan N8DCJ

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail