RE: [TowerTalk] Broadband Internet Service Letter

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Broadband Internet Service Letter
From: "Larry Ledlow, Jr. N1TX" <n1tx@amsat.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:31:47 -0800
Vitaly, my plan is 256k/512k (upload/download peak rates) for $59.99 per
month.  The least expensive plan is 64k/64k for $39.99.  My budget thinking
is this.  For a dialup account, I need a phone line, which runs about
$30/month.  Then I need a dialup ISP, which has been AT&T Worldnet.  That
costs $16.95/month for 150 hours online.  My connect speeds are typically
14.4-26.4k.  Now, I have a cell phone due to family and work considerations,
so basically I can ditch the landline now and Worldnet.

Wireless internet        59.99
Telephone               -30.00
Worldnet                -16.95
Net cost                 13.04/month