Re: [TowerTalk] RE: Installing Tower Bolts

To: FireBrick <w9ol@billnjudy.com>,"TowerTalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE: Installing Tower Bolts
From: Terry Dunlap <kk6t@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:40:07 -0700
This brings up a question that I've had for a while. It's always recommended that the bolts get
tied to the rebar in a new base installation but it seems to be accepted practice to retrofit an
existing base for a different tower by using epoxy anchors. These anchors aren't tied to the
rebar in any way and would be the same as NOT tying bolts in a new pour. Isn't this a
contradiction or at least an inconsistency?

73 de Terry KK6T