Re: [TowerTalk] RE: Installing Tower Bolts

To: "Noel" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE: Installing Tower Bolts
From: "Al Williams" <>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 18:57:34 -0700
From: "Noel" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 4:05 PM
> Oh and I asked an engineer about welding the bolts to the rebar cage
> was told NO.  Not sure I understand that as it just seems like it
> make things a lot easier.

The foundation iron (Rebar/flat plate for bolting tower legs to) for the
LM470 tower was furnished by the mfr. as a welded assembly.  There
was/is(?) no need to jiggle the each rebar--necessary to keep the entire
assembly vertically plumbed.  This assembly was perhaps 3 1/2
feet long and it was left to the user to "wire" up an extension rebar at
the bottom of the welded assembly.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.