Re: [TowerTalk] Caps for 3" boom

To: Pat Chiles <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Caps for 3" boom
From: Don Havlicek <>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:00:36 -0500

Pat Chiles wrote:
Which way is True North? 5 times thicker mean 5 times the thickness of the object being compared.

No .. five times thicker means SIX times as thick. ... what would ONE time thicker mean? .. one time as thick? .. no .. it means TWICE as thick.

[ ] = original thickness
[ ][ ]=new thickness .. ONE time THICKER .. but TWICE as thick!

Damned advertisers have everyone thinking screwy ..

What gets me are those ads that say "5 times less than ...." ... one time less than something is ZERO of something!

If the original cap was 1 inch thick then
the new cap is 5 inches thick. That's my story and I am sticking to it.