[TowerTalk] Three Fixed Tri-Band Beams on One Tower?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Three Fixed Tri-Band Beams on One Tower?
From: doc <>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 20:19:55 -0400
I seem to have collected three Tri-Band HF beams.
They are generic trapped beams, e.g. Mosley, HyGain,
and Cushcraft.

I am considering mounting them all on my Rohn 25 tower
eliminating the need for a rotator.  (I will also
have a couple of doublet wire antennas, a vertical,
a sloper, and a long-wire to supplement the beams.)

I could either mount them back-to-back on the three
opposite faces of the tower, offset far enough so
that there is at least 8-10 inches of separation
between the tips of the reflector elements, OR
I could stack them on the mast separated enough to
try and minimize interaction.

The tower is likely to be approx. 60 feet.

(I understand that the back-to-back method would
require extra supports for the beam masts from
above and below.)

Any experience on the list with either of these

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida  100% Linux.  Suse 9.1
Drake, Hallicrafters, Heathkit, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life:
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!
USA Pres. Election 2004: