Re: [TowerTalk] Three Fixed Tri-Band Beams on One Tower?

To: TowerTalk <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Three Fixed Tri-Band Beams on One Tower?
From: doc <>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:43:40 -0400
This is, for the moment, a theoretical exercise.

I am exploring the concept of reducing the potential points of
failure and complexity.  I do own a rotator.  ;-)

10' is the separation number?

So if I stagger the beams vertically, each with reflector close
to the tower, 10 feet apart facing separate directions I should eliminate the interaction?

This is more vertically efficient than 20 foot separation --
necessary when the beam centers are in-line.

So, how does this arrangement look:

Northeast on a mast at 65'
Southeast off the side at 55'
South off the side at 45'

I believe I have the necessary hardware to support the side-
mount beams should I elect to do this.

The strength issue of Rohn 25, Rohn 45, or Rohn 25 reinforced
with a second Rohn 25 is a separate consideration.

I also have a couple of 50' Rohn push-up poles on which I
could mount fixed beams ... but that adds coax routing complexity
and the push-up poles are much weaker.

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida  100% Linux.  Suse 9.1
Drake, Hallicrafters, Heathkit, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life:
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!
USA Pres. Election 2004: