[TowerTalk] RE: [Antennas] coax 'sweet lenght'

To: "'Bob Nielsen'" <nielsen@oz.net>, <antennas@mailman.qth.net>,"'TowerTalk List'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: [Antennas] coax 'sweet lenght'
From: "Chris Boone" <CBoone@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:50:27 -0500
Ok...what I should have said was "apparent" SWR changes according to the
metering.....
If the cable length changes and the antenna is NOT a resistive only
component, the coax will cause an apparent change in the reactance, thus
making the SWR meter change...

Any argument with that??

Yes, TRUE SWR itself does not change....but the metering is not perfect
:)