Re: [TowerTalk] looking for 15m 5ele yagi design

To: <df6vp@opretzka.de>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] looking for 15m 5ele yagi design
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:14:02 -0700
Why not model and optimize your own?
"4nec2" is free to download, and has a fairly decent optimizing engine, and
probably has some example models to start with.
"multinec" is also free to download and can do some optimizing.  I haven't
used it as much, so I'm not as familiar with it.

As far as gamma matches go, why not use one of the other designs you have
found and change the feed method to a gamma match.
I would also think that the ARRL antenna book might have some example
designs for a 5 el 15m. The latest version includes a copy of the program
YW, and it has a 24 foot boom, 5 el, 15m antenna, and it has a gamma match
calculator.

Looks like about 9dBi gain, 25 dB F/B, and SWR below 2:1 over the band.  It
calculates the gamma rod being 0.25 (5mm might work) , 6 inches (15 cm)
away, with 66.9 pF and 18.22 inches (call it 45.5 cm)  long.

The program can use metric units, so you could put in metric standard sized
tubing, etc.