[TowerTalk] Shields

To: "Steve Katz" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shields
From: "Tom Rauch" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:01:49 -0400
 Re: Double shielding, usually it's not important at all.
However, there are
> applications where single shielded cables hardly work,
unless the shielding
> is solid, like hardline.  One such application is in a
duplex repeater
> system.   Another might be when your station is located
close to a high
> powered broadcast station. -WB2WIK/6

OK, now I'm on the same page (except for the repeaters,
because most duplexers have far less notch depth than you'd
ever have crosstalk through shields).

I agree now with the general concept. When you are doing
critical measurements in a screen room, you need exceptional

For a system connected to an antenna, you are wasting money
if you go out of the way to buy double shield. That agrees
with everything I've experienced.

73 Tom

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.