Re: [TowerTalk] Disturbing tower picture in QST

To: Tower <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Disturbing tower picture in QST
From: Michael Urich <>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:07:22 -0500
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:42:59 -0700, Jim Lux <> wrote:
> It's well known that the editing of QST, particularly images, doesn't really
> take into account such things as safety.  Check out the pictures of the HV
> power supply last year.  Clip leads, DMMs not rated for the voltage, wires
> strewn all about, etc.

Mike wrote

hehehehe, I think I have the trump card to this discussion.  If you
think that's bad follow what some of the rovers do for the V/UHF
contests.  I've seen too many pictures <some of them are on my
web-site> of radios strapped into front seats, on dashboards etc with
just bungee cords.  Talk about your missile hazards.

Mike Urich, KA5CVH

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.