RE: [TowerTalk] Disturbing tower picture in QST

To: "Markhasin, Vitaly" <>,"'Bill Coleman'" <>,
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Disturbing tower picture in QST
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:58:47 -0700
At 10:31 AM 10/13/2004 -0600, Markhasin, Vitaly wrote:
The bottom one definitely DOES NOT. They should wear full harnesses and HARD
73! Vitaly (VE6JO)

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Coleman [] Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 6:15 AM To: Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Disturbing tower picture in QST

I received a reply from Steve Ford, WB8IMY, who is the editor of QST.

He assured me that all three gentlemen were wearing climbing belts,
although they are not visible in the picture.

On Oct 12, 2004, at 11:32 PM, Bill Coleman wrote:

This is much like the author of the HV powersupply article trying to claim that the clipleads in the QST photo were made with HV wire. Oddly, at that time I had just spent a significant amount of time at work looking for small diameter HV wire. After a couple emails back and forth, I gave up wondering, and just no longer trust the technical details or construction practices in QST.