RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Not exactly BPL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Not exactly BPL
From: "Noel" <yaesurig@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:51:00 -0600
It always burns me up to see how the FCC has encouraged so much
"competition" in the communications industry.  I still have only one
choice for a telephone company, and one choice for broadband internet
connection. The service is terrible and they charge way too much.
Someone else said it best.  Just follow the money...

Noel

Tod wrote:

The author of the article asserted that the reason that these countries
had better speeds at lower cost was competition between suppliers and
that their governments had sometimes intervened to assure that there
would be real competition.

I remain skeptical that the US government and specifically the current
FCC is sufficiently devious to do this. Machiavellian perhaps (reward
your friends, punish harshly your enemies).

Anyway, this is not a TT subject and as such should never have been
posted here. Shame on me.

I apologize and agree not to do it again.

Tod, KØTO