[Amps] Interference Problem

To: "Towertalk@Contesting.Com" <>,"Amps Reflector" <>
Subject: [Amps] Interference Problem
From: "daniel hearn" <>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:07:26 -0700
I live about 30 miles from a company which supplies high speed I net service
by RF link. The terrain is such that some height is required for the antenna
used with the system. They typically use either a slot type or a parabolic
reflector. A test is planned next Tuesday to see if satisfactory operation
can be achieved at my location by mounting their antenna on one of my
towers. My tallest tower is a 131 ft. motor driven UST crankup. The tower
has a 6 el. 20m yagi on it.I am concerned about possible problems from
having the ISP antenna in the RF field of the 20m beam. I also have other
yagis for other ham bands from 40 thru 10m on towers which are some 100 ft
away from the big tower. I am concerned about system performance as well as
the possibility of smoking the ISP electronics.
  Has anyone had success using a rf linked ISP system with the antenna
mounted near a KW driven yagi? How near? If not, what would members of the
reflector think might happen in this case? What might be a reasonable number
for closest spacing. I am guessing that a usable signal might be found with
the antenna 20-30 feet below the 20m yagi.
  All input appreciated, 73, Dan, N5AR

Amps mailing list