Has any made a vertical dipole (lets say for 20
meters) where it is end fed with coax. I will try and
explain my thoughts;
* top half of radiator, i.e., 1/2 of dipole is a
single 14 guage wire.
* bottom half of dipole would be coax...the center
conductor would feed the top half inside the braid.
* the bottom half of vertical dipole would be the
outside braid of the coax.
* the bottom half of the dipole would be fed from the
bottom and end where the top half starts.
* a decoupling device may be needed at the bottom of
the dipole...1-1 balun???.
* I realize that normally dipoles are fed in the
* A person could use some type of tubing for the
bottom half and still feed it in the center, but I was
looking for something that would be portable and you
could just hang up vertically or horizontally.
I look forward to your thoughts.
Thanks in advance,
Do you Yahoo!?
Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today!
See: http://www.mscomputer.com for "Self Supporting Towers", "Wireless Weather
Stations", and lot's more. Call Toll Free, 1-800-333-9041 with any questions
and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.
TowerTalk mailing list