Re: [TowerTalk] Vertcal Dipole

To: Pete Smith <>,Tower Talk <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertcal Dipole
From: K0PYK <>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 05:24:29 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the reply. I will try and draw a picture.

  ----------   1/4 wl
  ----------*---------------  14 guage top half
  Coax Feed  ---------------      1/4 wl
              Coax for bottom
              half of vert

# * are connection points
# Feed coax center conductor is connected to outside
braid of bottom half.
# Feed coax braid is connected center conductor of
coax for bottom half of dipole and then is connected
to 14 guage top half of dipole.

Hope this helps.
Tom, K0PYK

--- Pete Smith <> wrote:

> At 06:28 AM 10/17/2004, you wrote:
> >* the bottom half of vertical dipole would be the
> >outside braid of the coax.
> >* the bottom half of the dipole would be fed from
> the
> >bottom and end where the top half starts.
> I don't fully understand this part -- would you cut
> the braid 1/4
> wavelength below the top of the coax?  How would you
> get the voltage from
> the center conductor out to the braid?  Or were you
> thinking about feeding
> it from the braid side?
> 73, Pete N4ZR

Do you Yahoo!?