Re: [TowerTalk] Take off angles, VOACAP, etcf.

To: "TowerTalk List" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Take off angles, VOACAP, etcf.
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:11:46 -0400
In terms of the simple math and numbers, you are correct. But to USE the numbers to make a construction decision is where the other considerations come in.

If you use VOACAP running under "poor" station restrictions, you DO come up with different figures. Angles that a broadcaster would pick in a heartbeat are not allowed to surface without a penalty, and powers used preclude use of a weaker but more "reliable" mode with higher transmitted level by the broadcaster.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Aycock" <>