[TowerTalk] Hygain TH-5 Mark I

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hygain TH-5 Mark I
From: W4FMS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:14:19 -0400
Hi Guys:

I just picked up a Hy-Gain TH-5 Mark I in a tower package.  I notice that
the 2:1 bandwidth of this antenna is only about 250 KHz on 20m.  I'm sure
this is why Hy-gain came out with the 2 driven element version in the Mark
II version.

I'm wondering if this is even worth restoring now.  From the yagi gurus out
there, are there any clever ways I might get a bit more bandwidth from the
antenna (even 300 KHz would be better) without any major redesign? I'd like
to use it on phone and cw on 20m.

Frank, W4FMS