Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Take off angles

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Take off angles
From: "Tom Rauch" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 07:29:49 -0400
> I wonder if Guy's observation begs the question, if both
ends have antennas
> with different vertical apertures (or horizontal patterns)
which is more often
> the case, then different take off angles versus arrival
angles might go some
> way to explaining the apparent paradox of 'one-way-skip'.

If my antenna has a deep null at the favored angle, it is
there on both transmitting and receiving.

I think most cases of "one-way skip" are really other easily
explained very common effects, like high noise or poor

Remember that antenna GAIN  and pattern is identical whether
receiving or transmitting. S/N ratio is not.

73 Tom

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.